Databases and eBooks: Authoritative Content from Respected Sources
- Paid for by the library. (Think of them as premium cable channels.)
- Cannot be easily searched in Google.
- Includes sources written by professors, scholars, journalists, etc.
- Authority of information is verified by editors and publishers.
Websites : Onus* Is on You to Verify the Content
- Access is free. No one is paying for the content.
- Anyone can publish a website. The information included is often not verified by anyone.
- Must examine with a critical eye. You need to spend time determining if content is correct.
What about this website? Or this one? This one really works!
Onus means responsibility. It's your responsibility to be sure the content is correct. It's a better use of your time to use the library databases, when possible.