Databases and eBooks: Authoritative Content from Respected Sources
- Paid for by the library. (Think of them as premium cable channels.)
- Cannot be easily searched in Google.
- Includes sources written by professors, scholars, journalists, etc.
- Authority of information is verified by editors and publishers.
Websites : Onus* Is on You to Verify the Content
- Access is free. No one is paying for the content.
- Anyone can publish a website. The information included is often not verified by anyone.
- Must examine with a critical eye. You need to spend time determining if content is correct.
Onus means responsibility. It's your responsibility to be sure the content is correct. It's a better use of your time to use the library databases, when possible.