Your Research Strategy
1. Define Assignment
- What does Ms. Nash want me to do? (Look at the assignment requirements for both content and final product.)
- Have I asked for explanations if the assignment is not clear to me?
- Am I able to state the topic of my investigation in a complete sentence?
- Do I need a research question?
- Am I able to develop an initial thesis statement?
2. Search and Record Sources
- Have I used the resources listed on the LibGuide?
- Have I used general databases and websites to collect keywords and learn background knoweldge?
- Have I developed my keyword search strategy before using the scholarly databases?
- Have I skimmed and searched through the sources to find what I need?
- Have I emailed to myself, saved, printed out, or checked out the relevant information I need?
- Have I used EasyBib to record my sources in APA style?
3. Organize and Analyze
- Have I organized all of this information so that it makes sense not only to me but also to others unfamiliar with the topic? (an outline or other plan of organization)
- Is my note-taking meaningful? Have I read all of the material carefully?
- Do I need more information? (Look at the requirements for content again.)
- Have I focused on answering my thesis statement?
- Have I analyzed the information and come up with my own conclusions?
- Have I completed a rough draft, edited it, and produced a final product?
- Have I used endnotes and included a bibliography?
- Have I met all of the requirements for the final product?
- What is the quality of my work?
- What would I do differently next time?
- Did I find the necessary library resources?